Cancer is a severe, evasive illness that affects many lives, typically having high mortality rates. However, the damaging effects cancer has on many family’s lives is starting to look upwards—the many advancements made through research have allowed cancer patients to receive non-invasive cancer treatment with the advanced cancer treatment options available in a traditional cancer treatment center, such as proton treatment.
What Is Proton Treatment?
The use of proton therapy for cancer is considered by doctors to be the most technologically advanced cancer methods, striding past the traditional way of radiation treatment for cancer. The characteristics of proton radiation therapy allow us to understand how protons interact within the human body to deliver portioned radiation to the patient while minimizing the number of doses to healthy tissues and organs throughout the body, resulting in significantly fewer complications and harsh side effects in comparison to the standard practices of radiation treatment. The benefits of proton treatment are what makes it regarded as the leading treatment of prostate cancer in cancer treatment therapy, mainly because studies have found prostate cancer patients significantly benefited from this method, with 94% of men reporting their same level of sexual activeness after treatment.
Proton beam therapy is another widely used alternative method in a traditional cancer treatment center setting. It yields noticeable results without needing to undergo harmful conventional radiation treatment. Proton radiation therapy doesn’t rely on the use of x-rays, like the harsh traditional radiation, making proton beams easier to stop releasing energy to their intended target, because their radiation doses are much more controlled through using a particle accelerator. The main reason it’s relied on often is that of its effectiveness in multiple forms of cancer, which allows it to be an alternative to breast cancer treatment and traditional prostate cancer options.
<The Benefits Of Proton Therapy
1. A typical cancer treatment center relies on proton therapy because of its precision with targeting tumors and cancer cells which reduces exit doses of radiation.
2. In regards to traditional radiation, proton treatment offers a reduction in overall toxicity.
3. Proton therapy reduces the risk and/or severity of both long- and short-term side effects radiation has on surrounding healthy tissues, with its preventative non-evasive method using a particle accelerator.
4. Delivers the exact amount of required radiation to the patient with precision.
5. Proton treatment is a leading cancer method for patients with reoccurring tumors because it has an overall improvement in the quality of life after treatment.
6. Mortality rates are far lower when using proton therapy than evasive methods.
Why Proton Therapy?
The use of proton treatment is gaining widespread popularity in most cancer treatment center areas, because of it’s low-risk and high effective rates. Particularly, proton therapy allows patients with complicated forms of cancers a chance at beneficial treatment options where conventional methods are far too harsh and life-threatening to use. The number of cancer patients who have benefited from the development of proton therapy gives us an inspirational message for hope for the continual developments in cancer research.