The days at the pool have never been so great!
Being able to get in the water without worrying about contacts, being able to wear any color of sunglasses to match the swimsuit of the day, knowing that you can nap as long as you want and be able to see perfectly the second you wake up, are just some of the reasons that you visited with local Lasik eye surgery centers to see what your options were. The Lasik eye surgery facts that you read online seemed to good to be true, so you wanted to talk to specialists about the benefits of their procedure and be able to compare them with the other vision correction options that are available.
Laser eye surgery is an option for many people, and unless you take the time to find out the latest Lasik eye surgery facts you might not know what you are missing out on.
Eye Surgeons Offer Many Life Changing Services
From Lasik eye surgery to glaucoma treatment options, an eye surgeon can offer many services that can help change the future of your vision. It is always important to get regular vision check ups, but it is also important to make sure that you understand the vision options that are available to you. Consider these facts and figures about the many vision procedures that are available and the impact that they have on the eye sight of America:
- 98% is the success rate of cataract surgery.
- Although it cannot spread from one eye to the other, a cataract can occur in one or both eyes.
- More than 50% of all Americans by age 80 either have a cataract or have undergone cataract surgery.
- 9% to 12% of all cases of blindness in the U.S. are the result of glaucoma.
- Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness in the world, according to the World Health Organization.
- 21 million LASIK eye surgery procedures were performed worldwide in 2015.
Knowing whether or not you should get corrective eye surgery is a matter that you should discuss with your eye care provider. Understanding the risks and the benefits can help you make the most informed decision.