In a day when people can get any of the food that they want any time of the day and night, it is no wonder that so many Americans are over weight. From 24 hour grocery stores to fast food drive throughs that are open through the night as well, getting food is simple and cheap. Unfortunately, the result of all of this food can mean that people too often eat too much.
Finding a way out of the results of over eating, however, is not as easy getting the latest fast food trend. In fact, an entire industry is centered on weight loss and helping people get to a healthy weight. From gastric sleeves to bariatric surgery, doctors offer many ways to help people control their appetite and lose weight. Gastric balloons, for instance, can help patients feel less hungry and avoid overeating.
Finding a Way to Get to a Healthy Weight Can be Difficult for Many People
Doctor supervised weight loss is the only way that some people can get to the healthy weight that they desire. If you are someone who has struggled with weight and has bounced back and forth and exercising that has left you sore, but not healthy. When was the last time that you felt good about the image that you saw in the mirror? Working with a medical doctor can give you the help you need to not only look your best, but to also feel better and live a healthier and longer life.
Consider these facts about how many American’s struggle to lose the weight that has kept them from living the life that they want:
- 50% of Americans indicate that they are unsuccessful losing weight because they do not have enough self-discipline or will power.
- 54% of adults in America are currently trying to reduce their weight.
- Losing even 5% to 10% of your weight is proven to lower the chance of developing heart disease.
- Gastric sleeves and other kinds of medically supervised procedures can help people who have no success losing weight through diet and exercise.
- 33% of Americans are considered to be obese.
- Obesity is a term that means indicates that someone weighs at least 20% more than what is considered a normal weight for their height.
- Fewer than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day. In fact, only 33% of American adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
Instead of struggling with diets that do not work and exercises that are ineffective, perhaps you should consider working with a medically supervised work plan to help you reach your goals. From gastric sleeves to many other available procedures, finding a doctor, or bariatric surgeon, who can help you reach your goals may be the answer that you are looking for.