It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
A wonderful time, that is, if you are happy about visiting and reconnecting with family and friends. If, however, you do not feel good about your appearances, it can be a time of the year that is full of stress and disappointments. For this reason, many people begin looking into the options for the cost of a hair transplant well in advance of the holidays when they will be seeing friends and family. Many hair transplant clinics, in fact, provide processes that can take several weeks to look their best. And while the initial procedures in cases like FUE hair transplants only take eight hours, many patients like the opportunity to get used to their new look before showing family members whom they have known for a long time.
Most people who make the decision to investigate the cost of a hair transplant actually spend more time making the decision than they do getting the transplant. In fact, in addition to the short eight hour appointment, the healing time after a FUE hair transplant is dependent on skin type, the grafts themselves only take a matter of days before the initial redness and irritation disappears.
Consider the following statistics about the hair transplant itself and the information about people and their tendency to lose their hair:
- 35 years of age is the mark when two-thirds of American men will experience some degree of appreciable hair loss.
- 50 years of age is the mark when 85% of men have significantly thinning hair.
- 35 million other men in America are currently enduring some level of hair loss and/or baldness.
- 50% of a man’s head of hair will be gone before it becomes cosmetically evident.
- 95% of hair loss in men is accounted for by the condition called Androgenetic Alopecia, also known as common male pattern baldness.
- Heredity is one cause of baldness. Other conditions, however, are caused by certain kinds of health situations, unhealthy diet, and even stress.
If you are less than excited about seeing family and friends over the holiday, you may be the perfect candidate to visit with a hair loss specialist and consider the options of getting a hair transplant.