Finding the right way to relax is an essential part of the life that we live in. From jobs with tasks that never seem to end to workouts that leave you in pain, finding the right spa treatments can help you find the rest and rejuvenation that you need. From knowing what is a spa used for to making sure that you are make your appointments ahead of time, it is important to find a spa that offers the services that you are looking for.
Some spas, for instance, focus on offering massages, while other spas offer a full range of services. some day spas, in fact, offer so many services that an appointment can fill an entire morning, afternoon, or if you are willing to pay, day. Knowing what is a spa package in the place that you visit can help you make sure you are booking something that suits what you are looking for and is in the price range that you are willing to pay.
In a time when it seems like our cell phones make our jobs a 24/7 platform, it is important to make sure that you are taking care of yourself, in addition to taking care of your job and your family.
What Is a Spa Service That You Cannot Do Without?
Some people spent their money by taking themselves to a Broadway musical, others spend their funds on a full day at the spa making sure that they are looking and feeling their best. From a simple manicure and a pedicure to a full body massage, there are many ways that we can take care of ourselves. Consider some of this information about the spa industry and the many services that are offered:
- More than 179 million Americans visiting spas in 2016 as the nation faced an increasing focus on wellness.
- Stress is linked to six leading causes of death: accidents, cancer, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, lung ailments, and suicide.
- In spring 2017, more than 17 million people indicated that they used services at a day spa within the last 12 months in the U.S.
- In spring 2017, just over 17 million people said they used services at a day spa within the last 12 months in the United States.
- Using a sauna at a spa can lead to weight loss. In fact, it is estimated that a 20 minute session in a sauna with a temperature of 170 degrees Fahrenheit can burn more than 500 calories.
- 21% of people who recently received a massage got their last massage at a spa, according to a 2014 survey.
The latest statistics show that 43% of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress, so it is of growing importance that people take the time to care for themselves. For many, these means a spa visit once a month.