The year 2020 is just hilarious at this point.
As you sit on the couch with your foot elevated you are trying to come to terms with the fact that you now will be dealing for at least eight weeks with either a ruptured or torn plantar fascia. Turns out that the thing between your heel and your arch actually ripped off your heel bone this morning.
Worldwide, there are more than 1.5 billion people who suffer from chronic pain, and you are now partially grounded and stuck at home because of your foot. You are hopeful that with the right amount of rehab tools and systems, along with a combination of rest, you will be up and about again before too long.
In the meantime you are thinking through your list of neighbors, family, or friends who might have a knee scooter you can borrow for three weeks.
With just the very simple activity of walking you have wound up out of commission. YouI had some trouble with this condition in the spring and had a cortisone shot in your heel in May. The shot was just wearing off, and you had an appointment to go have it looked at next week. What felt like an explosion in your foot this morning, however, has changed all of your previous plans.
Fortunately, you have made a call and found out that your chiropractor is known for some very effective for plantar fasciitis, as well as the pain that is in other parts of the body caused by the condition. Using a very precise chiropractic adjusting instrument and specific kinds of techniques, in fact, your chiropractor has explained some of the adjustments to the feet and ankles, as well as spinal alignment, that he is certain will provide several benefits.
Chiropractic Adjusting Instrument Combined with Range of Motion Testing Can Provide Many Positive Results
With the latest computerized range of motion testing equipment and the use of digital pressure algometers, chiropractors are able to help their patients not only recover from current injuries and pain, but also avoid problems in the future.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that a doctor with the latest knowledge of chiropractic adjusting instruments and other therapy tools can help their patients get back to work, to walking, and to favorite weekly activities:
- Typically, 56% of patients who see a doctor, see a 30% reduction in low back pain. In comparison, however, 94% of patients who underwent treatment with a chiropractor saw a 30% reduction in low back pain after four weeks.
- Unfortunately, chronic inflammation affects millions of Americans. One common type of chronic inflammation, arthritis and joint diseases, affects 350 million people around the world, including 43 million people in the U.S.
- With a chiropractic adjustment being performed around 1 million times every business day in the U.S., it is estimated that chiropractors treat more than 27 million Americans every year.
- Some of the latest research indicates that four out of 10 Americans will approach a chiropractor before a doctor when suffering from lower back pain. It is also important to note that these doctors can help with other kinds of chronic conditions as well.
- The most recent training with chiropractic adjusting instruments allows doctors to help patients with chronic back pain, defined as pain that persists for longer than 12 weeks.
- 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time and low back pain is identified as the single leading cause of disability across the world.
- The human body has more than 650 muscles and it is important to note that engaging in a mere 10 minutes of physical activity every day can help most people improve their mobility and live longer lives.
- Americans spend $50 billion a year on back pain.
- Total annual industry revenue for chiropractic treatment is $14 billion, which is roughly the same amount Americans spend on pet supplies each year.
Whether you are looking for the fastest way to get back walking around the block every morning or you are trying to recover from an injury that is keeping from your favorite sport, the decision to call a chiropractor and get the help that you need is always a step in the right direction!