Sickness Knows No Holiday
Sickness never takes a break, not even on Thanksgiving. If you are faced with the challenge of a sick child on this holiday, it is important to know where to go to get the care that you need. Fortunately, there are a number of urgent care centers that offer services to patients, no matter what day of the year it is, or what time of the day it is. If you want to know what does urgent care treat, your answer is a simple computer click away. In fact, if you look on any website for a list of the services that they offer, you will likely find out that the hours the clinic is opened are listed as well.
Even when it is a holiday weekend, there are still many ways to make sure that you and all of the members of your family are able to get the care that they need. What does urgent care treat is an important consideration, but it is essential to make sure that you go to the place that will give you the best care. And while it might seem like a hospital emergency might be the bet option, it is often wiser to go to a local urgent care to get the affordable and convenient care that you need.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the health care industry and the many times when an urgent care nearby may be the very best decision:
- 60% of all urgent care centers have a wait time of 15 minutes or less to see a physician or mid-level provider.
- 65% of all urgent care centers have a physician on-site at all time.
- 44% to 65% of all emergency room episodes could have been treated in urgent care clinic settings, according to a private study conducted by Milliman.
- Occurring in 70% of the nation’s population at sometime in their lives, dizziness is the second most common complaint heard in doctor’s offices.
- Americans get approximately 1 billion colds every year.
- Five out of six children will have at least one ear infection before they turn three and nearly four out of ten children will have three or more ear infections by that age.
Finding the right place to get the care that you need is an important health care decision that patients make, but it is important to realize that you want to look for a location that is both affordable and convenient.